For certain evening and weekend events, complimentary parking is available. Check calendar listings for details.
Permits for parking at the Broadway Garage must be purchased online, through the Harvard Campus Services system.
Here are a few tips as you proceed through the system:
- If you are a first-time user, you will need to register by creating a username and password. Have your car’s license plate number handy as you will need this to register for a permit.
- When asked to select the department from a drop-down menu, select Museum Visitor—Art Museums. The department Code is 9071.
- On the day of your visit, a printout of your online permit needs to be handed to the attendant in the garage booth for admittance and then placed on your dashboard.
For questions related to permits, please contact Harvard Campus Services at 617-496-7827.
While there are some parking meters on nearby streets, parking near the museums is mostly restricted to Cambridge residents, except on Sundays. Visitors are encouraged to use public transit, particularly the MBTA Red Line that provides convenient access to Harvard Square.
Public parking garages in the Harvard Square area:
- Church Street Lot : 41 Church Street, between Brattle Street and Massachusetts Avenue, 617-482-7740
- Harvard Square Parking: Corner of Eliot and JFK Streets, 617-354-4168
- Charles Square Garage : Corner of Bennett Street and University Road, 617-491-6779